We are a retirement and layup facility located on 28 acres in Woodford county, Kentucky. Most of our residents have worked hard throughout their lives racing, showing, and trail riding, and are now ready for green pastures, quiet life, and expert care.
Owners Russell and Krista Lea have decades of horse experience, including racetrack, show, trail, training, and broodmares. We live on site, and consider each horse and client a member of our family.
- Full care with partial or full turnout
- Fed twice daily in stalls
- Hay, grain, bedding included
- Vaccines, routine trims, and deworming included
- Meds, supplements, blanket changes at no charge
- Small herd size, ample grass
- Stall rest or private turnout
- 12×16 metal stalls with ample airflow and view
- Individualized care including bandaging, medications, cold hosing and hand walking
- 12 x 12 stall or private turnout
- Fresh water, hay and bedding provided
I can’t say enough great things about Texata Farm, Krista & Russell. They truly take care of my 33 year old elderly mare better then I even feel that I can. The farm is conveniently located, plenty of field space, large stalls and most important a knowledgeable caregiver. Krista, is attentive to my mares needs as well as updating me on how she is doing when I can’t visit. They truly are a horses retirement dream and at an affordable price! This is like a best kept secret.
I wholeheartedly trusted Krista and Russell with Simon’s care, which required frequent foot soaking and bandage changing. She ran to the pharmacy for him, bought things at the tack shop and wholeheartedly took the best care of him as possible. Krista and Russell have become my friends, and I am so grateful they were apart of Simon’s life.
Russell and Krista Lea
4665 Troy Pike | Versailles, KY 40383